Previous topicNext topic

2ND DISPLAY ISSUES

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Sprock3t

2ND DISPLAY ISSUES

Post by Sprock3t »

Hello there,

I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit , and when I plug in a second display everything works fine and well. However, when I unplug the second display and try to use Magic again with just one display. Everything that was on the second display before is not accessible. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, but it did not help at all. Any suggestions? Why doesn't the software reset when I unplug a display? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: 2ND DISPLAY ISSUES

Post by Magic »

Hmm, you're right, there does appear to be an issue with that. I'm surprised it hasn't come up before. So I'll make sure we put in a fix for the next version.

In the meantime, what you can do is delete the preferences file, which will reset all settings, including the window positions. It's in your user folder under AppData\Roaming\Magic.
Sprock3t

Post by Sprock3t »

Thanks for your time :)
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

It's an issue with many programs. I swap monitor configurations frequently and often have this problem (under Win 7).

I always have Compendium Development's free forceWindowVisible utility pinned to my taskbar.
https://github.com/eviltester/forceWindowVisible

It shows every window, including normally hidden ones, so can be a little confusing.
Once forceWindowVisible has focus, type the first letter of the errant window's title to bring it into view on the list.
Click twice on the list entry to bring window to top left on the main display.
Sprock3t

Post by Sprock3t »

Thanks for the the tip :)
Syd

Post by Syd »

Terry Payman wrote: I always have Compendium Development's free forceWindowVisible utility pinned to my taskbar.
awesome tip!