Previous topicNext topic

MIDI controller setup

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
olazzzzz

MIDI controller setup

Post by olazzzzz »

Hello everyone,

I set up my show with a MIDI controller (AKAI LPD8), with the aim of changing to the next scene and also to trigger a different event of the MultiMix.
Everything works perfectly, which gives me great joy to see!
The problem is, after I have done all the changes and saved the project, if the next time I open Magic without the AKAI being connected, all of these MIDI configurations are gone. I understand that it is natural that if Magic can't find the connected MIDI, that it cannot attribute to it previously designated functions, but on the other hand it feels wrong to have to set it up manually everytime I want to tweak something in my project, especially when I have like 40 MultiMix in all scenes.
Is there a better, more practical way to do this? (I thought about the Globals, but since the different MultiMix have to have different values, I don't think it would work).
Thank you for your input, I always appreciate tremendously the great community support on the forum.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: MIDI controller setup

Post by Magic »

Hmm, there might be a bug there, I will investigate. But, a good solution is to use one of the virtual MIDI devices we recommend (such as https://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html), which will always be running in the background of your system. It uses virtually no resources, and will allow you to have a MIDI device always available to Magic as a backup. (When Magic can't find the MIDI device saved with the project, it will try to use another one.)