Previous topicNext topic

Rendering Large and Complicated Playlists

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
DeadMusik

Rendering Large and Complicated Playlists

Post by DeadMusik »

Hey guys, Drel here I have been having some troubles finding a good way to export from magic a suitable working way and get a usable file.

What im trying to accomplish is having 12 minute loops of my material I make in magic and drop into resolume for easy FAST playback.

my playlist consists of 12 scenes and I have them playing one minute a piece for a total of a 12 minute video.
when its not complex my computer knocks this out.
now I have a 7.00 gig file a .mov file nothing can open vlc or anyting says its corrupted.

when I export from magic to img sequence it takes so long 7-12 hr for this 43000 (pics), then to render to .mov
running a good comp i7-8700k , 2080 gpu.

Am I going about this wrong, how would you export out of magic ( I do like the img sequence you can pull 4k backgrounds out quick)

Once again!
What Im trying to accomplish is having 12 minute loops of my material I make in magic to go to resolume for easy FAST playback.

[
So in some of my scenes Ive been drinking and saving them, when I import some scenes it says there are duplicates or something, Is that why my computer doesn't render them out fully or they corrupt, my playlist is built cleanly in magic, by deleting the scenes not used. and when I do a playlist when it just askes if to merge duplicates, my computer will export it out and not fall asleep. I thought maybe it was my error saving the scenes wrong..
]

Thankyou for reading and let me know if my grammar is shit, ive heard so....
Sadler

Re: Rendering Large and Complicated Playlists

Post by Sadler »

Unless you want transparency I'd recommend rendering to MP4 (or another video format) from Magic then using Ally to convert to DXV for Resolume.