Previous topicNext topic

Video Sync when Scene not active

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
SUPERVOIDtv

Video Sync when Scene not active

Post by SUPERVOIDtv »

Hi,

I have 17 videos I am trying to switch between every couple seconds via the multi-mix module. They are all the same video with different fx on each version.
My issue is that if I have scene start selected on the files then they restart everytime the multi-mix selects their index number. If I take scene start off, they playback, but it appears that they only advance when active.

I need them to all continuously advance regardless of whether they are active in the index or not. Any suggestions on how to pull this off?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Video Sync when Scene not active

Post by Magic »

This post explains it for a slightly different use case, but the idea is the same: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... p?f=3&t=12

Basically, you only want to use one VideoFile module, not 17 of them. You can have the same module going to 17 different outputs.
SUPERVOIDtv

Post by SUPERVOIDtv »

I have all the videos in scenes currently, but they still only appear to advance when they're selected in the index.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

So it’s not the same video file?
SUPERVOIDtv

Post by SUPERVOIDtv »

It's the same original video file, the different effects were applied in after effects, so technically they are all different files
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, well the easiest way would be to do the effects in Magic so that you only need one file.

Another method would be to have all 17 videos always playing at the same time, but change the transparency or the size of 16 of them to 0. But this will probably make your computer go kinda slow.

A more advanced method would be to use a global to keep track of overall time, and use this to make each video jump to the correct position when it starts to be visible.