Previous topicNext topic

OSC value selection in Playlist

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
sjdacruz

OSC value selection in Playlist

Post by sjdacruz »

When sending OSC arguments to modules in Magic, I can adjust values exactly how there appear when sent. (ie 0.1 or 2.5 etc) However, I'd like to control the playlist scenes. When linking a parameter, the only information that is sent is "/address , type of value (int32), and port". Is there a way that I can have the value sent thru as well?

-Scott
Magic
Site Admin

Re: OSC value selection in Playlist

Post by Magic »

I don’t understand what you’re asking. The playlist doesn't have "parameters" like the modules do. Can you post some screenshots?
sjdacruz

Post by sjdacruz »

When learning the MIDI/OSC parameter to trigger the scene in the playlist, it is only receiving the fact that I'm sending a message to that address, via that port. Even if I change the int value that I'm sending, the scene still triggers. However, it works normals when sending OSC elsewhere to affect parameters in modules. I'd like to send OSC values such as 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0 and have them trigger scenes 1,2,3 etc.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (141.75 KiB) Viewed 6388 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I think you should read this User's Guide section: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... aylistMIDI
sjdacruz

Post by sjdacruz »

This was exactly what I was looking for. I missed that part of guide and assumed I would have to assign each value separately for each scene. Thanks x1000 for your help and quick response!

-Scott