Previous topicNext topic

Yet another video & audio playback post

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
taylordanemyers

Yet another video & audio playback post

Post by taylordanemyers »

Hey MMV community,

I just got the performer edition a few days ago and I've already switched all of my live show video triggering out of Ableton and into MMV. I'm blown away by the ability to trigger videos, switch between a live video feed, and create visualizations all in the same flow.

Which brings me to an issue I'm having. During COVID I've been doing "drive-in shows" with a 20 ft projector screen and for a couple of my songs in my set, I "bring in" the band. Meaning I trigger a video that has my old bandmates pre-recorded going "Hey we saw you trying to do everything and thought you could use some help" etc and then they count us in and I play along to them and it's very fun for the audience because they can't tell if it's somehow streamed out not.

The problem I'm running into is I can't figure out how to get this audio to play with the video. I know this has been covered and I've spent the last couple of hours digging through the forms and reading everything I could.

Following one of the posts I saw, I stripped the audio from the video and reimported it into MMV, added sources, and selected the audio files for those sources. In the playlist window I clicked "Synchronize Modules On Reselect".

One behavior I don't understand is when I click "Play" on that audio file it takes me back to the first scene in my project. So say I should be on like scene 20 in my set, when I click play on the audio file in the Input Sources window, it takes me back to the start of the project and I'm not sure why. It seems like there should be a setting somewhere where I tell MMV to link that audio file to a scene, but I don't see that.

What I'm really praying for here is a way that I can configure this video and audio to trigger in sync with one button EITHER through just hitting "Next entry in playlist" like the rest of my show OR by assigning a special midi button/note on my midi foot pedal to play this specific video/audio and then another button to jump back into the playlist flow.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I have a show tomorrow night and I guess I'm just going to try to use my laptop to tab over to another program for these songs in the meantime. Overall I'm PUMPED with the new MMV backbone for my show.
Sadler

Re: Yet another video & audio playback post

Post by Sadler »

One behavior I don't understand is when I click "Play" on that audio file it takes me back to the first scene in my project.
I think this is probably because you have "Playback Control" enabled on the Playlist. This will sync the playlist with the loaded audio so that the start of the audio is the start of the playlist.

If you only had one moment in your set in which to sync the audio (NB. a file loaded into Magic) then I'd suggest using the Internal->Playback Time feature to start the video in time with the audio playback.