Previous topicNext topic

backgroundless movies

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
pstet43

backgroundless movies

Post by pstet43 »

what I am trying to accomplish using your program are the following: In Audacity sound editing program, I open the soundtrack of a piece music and by using a series of EQ filters, I try to isolate the instrument I want to be prominent by eliminating the other frequencies of the instruments I don’t want to sound. When I achieve that, I save that file as an AIFF.

I then return to the original, unaltered soundtrack, and repeat the first process, only this time isolating a different instrument, using the same method, and saving that file.

And so on, until all the isolated instruments have their own individual track. I then bring them in individually to Magic Studio (v2.3 64-bit), and visualize each in different ways, and save them as individual movies.

The ultimate goal is to combine the different individual visualized movies into one movie, where each component is separately visible simultaneously with the other movies.

The problem I’m having is that Magic Studio’s default black background color shows through the translucent areas in the sound wave visualization image I created.
In addition, when I export the files as movies from Magic Studio, the overall default black background in each movie is present, and it obscures the other movie’s content.
I need the content of each movie to have no background color, so when combined, each movie is separately visible without any background.

Can you please suggest a work method using Magic Studio on its own, or in combination with Adobe Premiere 2020, that permits me to achieve my stated goal?
If you could please create the work method in a detailed, specific step-by-step form, I would be very grateful to you! My lifetime goal has been to try to express what I feel visually in response to my favorite music: your Magic Studio is the only program I have found that gives me a shot at it! I’m 78 years old, and my learning ability is not what it was- that’s why I requested the step-by-step breakdown…
If that’s asking too much, I understand- It’s enough that you have come up with such a brilliant program!!!

Thank You!!

My Best Wishes,

peter stetler
Sadler

Re: backgroundless movies

Post by Sadler »

Hi Peter,

Magic cannot export to any video formats with transparency (alpha) yet, though I am confident that that feature will come eventually. But all is not lost. Magic completely supports alpha internally so you could work with multiple tracks completely in Magic and only render out the final result (if you wanted to).

If you really need video exported for each track then you could use a chromakey technique for each. Choose a unique colour that isn't present in the visualisation (e.g. bright green) and use that as the background when exporting. You can then key this colour out in almost any program including Magic.

Of course this depends on your content and how complicated your keys are.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: backgroundless movies

Post by Magic »

Transparency is available when exporting as a .png sequence.

But Sadler is right, it’s better to do it all internally in Magic for your case.