Previous topicNext topic

Streamlabs not Detecting Magic Window

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
guccibane

Streamlabs not Detecting Magic Window

Post by guccibane »

Hey,

In the past I've had no issue selecting the Magic Window (not Editor) in Streamlabs to add it to my stream, but months back it just stopped working and I haven't been able to detect it since. I've tried Window and Game capture. The only one available is the Editor. I've seen a few solutions for OBS, though not sure they'd work for SLOBS, or why they would suddenly be necessary. Attached a picture.

Any incite would be much appreciated, thank you!
Attachments
picture.png
picture.png (38.62 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
Sadler

Re: Streamlabs not Detecting Magic Window

Post by Sadler »

How far in the past? I've just tried a version of Magic from over a year ago (64 and 32) and OBS can't see the output window. Streamlabs may have diverged from OBS though I don't think it has in any fundamental way. In my short spell of streaming in Mar/Apr this year, I remember opting to use spout and NDI instead of window capture - there must have been a good reason. Unfortunately, the NDI plugins aren't working in the later versions of Magic but hopefully that will be resolved in time. Spout (v2) still works into OBS though - not sure if the same for SLOBS.
guccibane

Post by guccibane »

Umm, maybe 9ish months ago? I haven't really streamed this year, but the couple of times I did the capture that had previously been set up just displayed nothing. As far as I know OBS and SLOBS are pretty much the same, but I've noticed a fair number of plugins/solutions are OBS only. I can try the Spout thing, though a quick glance at it didn't make a lot of sense. Is this what you mean? https://github.com/Off-World-Live/obs-s ... rce-plugin
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Yes, I've just installed that myself for OBS 26 and it's working just fine. You'll notice in another forum thread that the NDI plugins for Magic have been updated to work with the current release. I think these are a bit less efficient than Spout but they have the advantage that they will work between machines over the network. Either way, I think both would be better than trying to capture a window.