Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
NeuroNoNeuro

.FS shaders stopped working

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

These three shaders:

Sort Smear 01
Sort Smear 02
Watercolor Smear

All used to work with MMV, but now they do not. They work fine in ISF Editor as well, and 'mostly' in Apple Motion. Not a coder, not sure what changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can copy/cut/edit code, but I don't know what would be causing this. Provided a link to a .ZIP of the shaders in the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11IDrRE ... sp=sharing
Magic
Site Admin

Re: .FS shaders stopped working

Post by Magic »

The first two work fine for me.

The third one could never have worked in Magic, because it's missing the "INPUTS" section.
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

That's the thing - they used to work fine.

The Sort Smear 01 and 02 both hook up, and if I click on the connecting line, I can add the Watercolor Smear. They have inputs and outputs. If I run a video through them, using the Video File Player, I get no visuals. Not even if I clear the buffer. What is strange to me is all during the months of May through August, I never had this issue. Pop it up on screen, connect it, BOOM! Works.

So, if you have any advice between what's been done so far, and what can be done to make it work, that'd be excellent. I use this software for ALL of my videos, because it's great for what I do. Would love to have some sort of clue as to why. I'm also posting on the VIDVOX forum, because sometimes they have answers on how to change the code. I can change code, but I have no idea as to what it's doing. Is it the code? The ISF Editor says they're perfect, no issues. Again, I don't understand what I'm looking at, but I can make corrections on my end with guidance.
Attachments
Can add Watercolor Smear(s) to the connecting line between nodes, same result, blank screen if I do
Can add Watercolor Smear(s) to the connecting line between nodes, same result, blank screen if I do
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 2.58.37 PM.png (177.45 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
No shader, works great
No shader, works great
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 2.58.01 PM.png (69.76 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
Sort Smear 01 / 02 blank video player
Sort Smear 01 / 02 blank video player
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 2.57.34 PM.png (159.89 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

That's the really weird thing about the Watercolor Smear. It USED to have connections. I used it primarily in MMV. I can use it in Apple Motion, though, if necessary, but that's the last resort. I'm saying, I spent 4 days making a 2 hour mix of videos, using MMV to produce the video clips. Shader's location is below. The MMV online shader converter is also missing most of the code when I try loading the Shadertoy link into it.

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/wdsSRX
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Copy the .vs file to the same directory as the .fs file.
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Sadler,
Sorry, the Watercolor Smear does not have a .vs file. How would one go about getting one of those? All I am able to do is copy the HTML link here:

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/wdsSRX

and paste it into the MMV Shadertoy to ISF converter here:

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/utils/sha ... to_isf.php
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

The vertex shader (vs) was needed for the Sort Smear. The Watercolor doesn't work because the shader is multi-buffer and the MMV converted doesn't support that (yet).
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

The JSON wasn't properly formed and the input image wasn't being referenced. I can't see how this would have ever worked. Try this one.
Watercolor Smear.fs
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Sadler - THANK YOU! It is working now, and now I'll just have to figure out how to make the rest of the controls show up. I think it's similar to the controls in the Color Smears. Maybe I can fiddle with it. At least it shows up and doesn't turn the screen to black. Thanks again!