Previous topicNext topic

MultiMix Midi Triggering

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
olazzzzz

MultiMix Midi Triggering

Post by olazzzzz »

Hello everyone!
I am fairly new to Magic, but I was so impressed with the program that after 1 day I got myself the Performer version.
After studying the User guide and searching the forum, there is something I want to do but still haven't figured out:

I want to have a GLSL shader runing with changing color filters on top of it and to be able to control those color changes with a MIDI trigger, with a nice fade effect between them, so that the change doesn't destroy my eyes :P .
As I understand, this could be done in two ways: via the playlist (which allows for a nice transition but kills the continuous movement of the GLSL shader by resetting it, so not good), or by using something as the MultiMix.
My question is: is there a way to MIDI trigger the MultiMix to change between 1-4 without losing the smooth fading effect? I set it up with the "Trigger" modifier, but then the fade effect is gone and I can't seem to be able to find a solution around it.

Thank you for all your suggestions!
Kind regards to all
Sadler

Re: MultiMix Midi Triggering

Post by Sadler »

Some sort of smoothing function. Note that as two shaders (or whatever) are being mixed they're both running together.
kid.danger

Post by kid.danger »

I know it's a bit late, but this might do what you're looking for. Just replace the VideoFile modules with whatever inputs you're using and set the MIDI control to your desired Source+Feature. Also in the MultiMix module you will want to play with the Smooth setting to get the transition timing down.
MultiMix.png
MultiMix.png (398.35 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
yumatripp

Post by yumatripp »

Also, if you make the glsl as it’s own scene, import that into multiple scenes using effects you want to transition from, the shader will be consistently playing from its master source the whole time.
olazzzzz

Post by olazzzzz »

That's excellent, thank you so much!
The modifiers on the MultiMix really did the trick :)