Previous topicNext topic

Newbie - no visual output

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
memarkiam

Newbie - no visual output

Post by memarkiam »

Hi - this program looks fascinating, if a bit complex...but I guess that's its power!

I've downloaded the demo for Mac. Followed the quick start guide, added an audio file (WAV), made it Source 0, upped its DB by 24, added a Polygon, made its parameters reflect different audio attributes, played the audio (which plays fine). But nothing in the Magic window.

Then added a Waveform, as per the video guide. Still nothing.

What am I missing?

In the video the waveform just appeared, as one would expect.

My Polygon & Waveform are both set to Source 0. My audio file is set as Source 0. When I play the file I hear it fine. But still the Magic window is completely black.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you.
Sadler

Re: Newbie - no visual output

Post by Sadler »

Is you polygon/waveform connected to the magic module?
In the Input Sources window, does it show Source 1:<your audio filename>?
Why change gain to +24?
Can you see anything in the output window (e.g non-reactive simple polygon)?
memarkiam

Post by memarkiam »

Hi - thanks for the reply.

Yes, they're both connected to the Magic Module.

Yes, I only have one source now, Source 0 (which is my audio file) and both the waveform and Polygon have this as their source.

I raised the db by 24 just in case for some reason my audio file was too low volume to trigger any visualisation...I was searching for some reason! ;) but didn't make any difference

No, I can't see anything in the Magic window. Well, apart from the resolution in the bottom left (1280x720) followed by a number that changes from 59.9 to 60.0 and back when nothing is playing, then adds in numbers above 60 (60.9, 61, 63.9, 75 etc) when music is playing. Have no idea what this is. Doesn't seem to be related to input volume).

Thanks. Not sure what you can do with the above info! ;)
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Post a screenshot of your project and we’ll probably be able to pinpoint the issue.