Previous topicNext topic

Is there a way to lock-in full screen mode?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Analog Being

Is there a way to lock-in full screen mode?

Post by Analog Being »

I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to keep Magic in full screen mode when I turn my screen on/off.

Everytime I switch inputs on my display, or turn it back on; it defaults back to windowed mode. I've tried everything to keep it fullscreen. Nothing is working for me.

I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I'm out of ideas!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to lock-in full screen mode?

Post by Magic »

From https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... screenMode:
By default, Magic will automatically exit fullscreen mode on the primary display when other applications become active. This prevents Magic from blocking access to other important system events. However, advanced users may want to disable this feature so that fullscreen mode is never interrupted. To do so, deselect the menu option Window > Magic Window Options > Exit Fullscreen For Other Apps.
Analog Being

Re: Is there a way to lock-in full screen mode?

Post by Analog Being »

I've also tried that. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. The fullscreen mode always reverts to windowed when my TV is turned back on.

The only solution that has worked (so far) is using an HDMI splitter with an old, always-on, monitor plugged into the 1st HDMI out, with my TV plugged into HDMI out #2.

This way, my PC *thinks* that the TV is always plugged in.

It's not perfect, but the old monitor is out of sight from my main TV area. So it works for now.

Edit: Using the HDMI splitter without the other monitor works fine. The splitter alone seems to trick my PC into believing the TV is always on.