Previous topicNext topic

Live Video Feed Not working

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Ckerr

Live Video Feed Not working

Post by Ckerr »

I've been using magic a while now and have used it once successfully with my Panasonic camcorder as the live video input. I have the Panasonic running RCA cables to an HDMI converter which plugs into an Elgato CamLink 4k. I have OBS software picking up the video feed without any issue.

My problem is when I try to bring the feed into magic (Video Capture> Camlink 4k) but there is no video feed at all, just a black screen. Oddly enough the only time I saw the video feed successfully in Magic was my first time trying the setup. If anyone has any information that could help me troubleshoot id greatly appreciate it!
Best.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Live Video Feed Not working

Post by Magic »

First step would be to try using the advanced video capture modules (DS on Windows, QT on macOS).
Ckerr

Post by Ckerr »

Could you explain a litter further how using QT would remedy the issue? I’m confused because the video feed worked once before but now the feed isn’t showing up in magic.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Could you explain a litter further how using QT would remedy the issue?
The VideoCaptureQT module is compatible with more devices than the VideoCapture module.
I’m confused because the video feed worked once before but now the feed isn’t showing up in magic.
Not sure I can help you there. If it worked before, then the problem isn't with Magic so it must be some other configuration issue on your system.