Previous topicNext topic

Slow Fade Trigger

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
sjdacruz

Slow Fade Trigger

Post by sjdacruz »

Hello,
I've been using control parameters such as "Ramp (linear)", "Delay" "Sine Oscillator" etc....

I'm looking to create a situation where I trigger a note at velocity 127, and it immediately starts a sequence that = 1.0 and fades to 0.0 over a course of 10 seconds. Any suggestions?

Something like:
Note On
Clamp to 1.0
Ramp (Linear)
Invert

Please advise,
Scott
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Slow Fade Trigger

Post by Magic »

There is a modifier called "Trigger (Integer)". Its initial value is 0. When it is used as the first modifier after your MIDI command, it will increase by 1 each time the MIDI command is received. You can then use the resulting value as the parameter for an oscillator.

If you want it to fade to 0 and then stay at 0, I'd use an Increase modifier, which doesn't loop, as opposed to a Ramp.

The basic setup would be:

Trigger (.5) <-- .5 means that your MIDI velocity has to be at least 50% to cause the trigger
Increase (0) <-- make sure this value is 0 so that the Increase doesn't start by itself
Clamp (1) <-- makes the Increase not go above 1
Invert (1) <-- reverses the direction of the Increase from 1 to 0 instead of 0 to 1
sjdacruz

Post by sjdacruz »

This setup makes sense, but it seems to only be one-shot. As inthe trigger value alone increase by 1 each time, then to 2 3 4 etc....

when you inc to 0, then clamp to a max of one with an inverter, it starts at 1, waits for the trigger to go to 0, then never resets again after further triggers.

I guess my question would be, after it does its cycle of Trigger=>fade 1.0 to 0.0 , then reset to 1.0 so I can trigger it again.

I would like that one MIDI note to cause the effect on demand, each time I press it.
sjdacruz

Post by sjdacruz »

I found a solution to my unique situation. I loaded my desired effect into one scene, and then in a master scene, I use that same trigger to toggle the power of that scene's reference. Therefore, each time I power the scene, it resets until I call it again. I then layer the unaltered scene under it do create the illusion of seamless transition.