Previous topicNext topic

How would I do this?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
unknownfor

How would I do this?

Post by unknownfor »

Hey everyone,

I'm starting a new project and I'm wondering how I would go about doing something. I'm transitioning from one scene to another, and I want certain parameters to have their starting values when I start the transition to next scene. Right now I'm using a sine osc to slowly change the values over time. However, I don't the values to go back, but with an oscillator, that's what I get. I wouldn't mind using the osc if I could tell it to start when the scene starts because then I could control how slowly it rises and by the time it reaches its peak I will have already transitioned to another scene. Is there any way to control this? Does the linear increase option start when the scene starts or does it also just start whenever it wants?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: How would I do this?

Post by Magic »

Generally, oscillators reset when you change scenes. If you want to make them independent of scenes, you can put them in a Global.
unknownfor

Re: How would I do this?

Post by unknownfor »

Eric wrote:Generally, oscillators reset when you change scenes. If you want to make them independent of scenes, you can put them in a Global.
Okay, cool, thank you