Previous topicNext topic

Input Selector / Multi Mix keeps resetting input status.

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Psych3d3L1c

Input Selector / Multi Mix keeps resetting input status.

Post by Psych3d3L1c »

I have tried with both multi mix and input selector but have not been able to figure out a work around:

So I have the main scene with a multi mix (or input selector) and just for example 4 scene inputs from other scenes into that mixer and using midi to trigger the index/input change.

the other scenes have 50 shaders going into a multi mix ((or input selector) all with midi triggers to cycle through the index/input) but when cycling through on the main scene, the multi mix / input selectors on the other scenes will keep resetting back to 0.

is there any way to stop this happening?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Input Selector / Multi Mix keeps resetting input status.

Post by Magic »

Not sure what you mean. Can you post some images or a video showing the problem?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I think this is has been talked about before on the forums - how to stop modules resetting when they're not active. The attached project shows this in action and a work-around. The work-around isn't ideal since it means multiple scenes need to be running together,
scene_keep_alive.magic
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
In Scene 0 there is an extra module to keep sub-scenes active. When it is powered off, only the As from each sub-scene are shown. When it is powered on, all the letters from the sub-scenes are shown.
Psych3d3L1c

Post by Psych3d3L1c »

Thank you, That did seem to work . I just changed the resolution to 1 x 1 on that scene keep alive module, so it wasn't chewing up the gpu.
synthmusic

Post by synthmusic »

You can also make an ISF that does nothing at all to achieve this, then it's named appropriately as well. In my case, I've created a file called

StayConnected.fs

with the following "code"

Code: Select all

/*{
	"INPUTS": [
		{
			"NAME": "inputImage",
			"TYPE": "image"
		}
	]
}*/
void main() {}
Put that in your Documents Magic > Modules and you can wire it in like the example in place of the Translation to keep the connection with no processing.
Attachments
StayConnected.fs
Maintains connection but does no processing or passing through of input
(91 Bytes) Downloaded 164 times