Previous topicNext topic

Show Text depending on timestamp

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
beatroot

Show Text depending on timestamp

Post by beatroot »

Hi all

i'm working on a visualization for a mix and would like to show track information (album, name etc) based on the timestamp.

how can this be accomplished? i'd imagine using a textfile with timestamps and information in it.
or is this not possible?

currrently i have all tracks in one audiofile. alternatively it might also be possible to play them as playlist and show info accordingly. but i haven't figured that one out either...

thanks!
Sadler

Re: Show Text depending on timestamp

Post by Sadler »

Use the playlist. Have each scene (with track details etc) change at the appropriate time as specified in the playlist. So, lets say you have 5 tracks in one audio file. You would have 5 scenes in the play list. You can use playback control to change scenes according to playback time.
beatroot

Re: Show Text depending on timestamp

Post by beatroot »

Sadler wrote:Use the playlist. Have each scene (with track details etc) change at the appropriate time as specified in the playlist. So, lets say you have 5 tracks in one audio file. You would have 5 scenes in the play list. You can use playback control to change scenes according to playback time.
thanks! that's another way of doing it. (i was trying using the playlist, but didnt get as far).

meanwhile i figured out another way:

- Mix all tracks into one audiofile
- Save the track info into a text-file, each track one line
- Add a TextFile module. "Line #" connected to Internals->Playback Time->Expression

The expression looks like this:

switch {
case x < 180 : 0;
case x < 400 : 1;
case x < 620 : 2;
default: 0;
}

so, until 180s into the video it shows line 0, until 400s line 1, until 620s line 2 etc.