Previous topicNext topic

File Directories and registration

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Giani

File Directories and registration

Post by Giani »

Hi Eric,

Quick question, are all files related to magic included in the magic.app package? beside what is saved in the project file, are there any preferences or other files in other directories like in the user or system libraries? I noticed things like Throttling rate are not saved in the project files, could u let me know what is retained and what isn't?

I'm setting up various computers and would like the same settings to apply to all so wondering what files need to be moved and where.

many thanks!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: File Directories and registration

Post by Magic »

The only thing not contained within the application or projects is the configuration file, which stores global settings such as your last window positions, selected audio device, recent folders, throttling value, etc.

The configuration file is just plain-text XML, but I wouldn't recommend editing it directly. Copying it to another machine might work but I've never tried, to be honest. It's not meant to be used that way.

The configuration file is in your user folder. On OS X it's in ~/Library/Application Support, and on Windows it's in AppData\Roaming. It can't be inside the application folder unfortunately, because OS X and Windows prevent writing there without administrator permission.