Previous topicNext topic

Ambient Occlusion or SSAO or?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
NeuroNoNeuro

Ambient Occlusion or SSAO or?

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Ambient Occlusion seems to have a great variety of names, these are the names that I know it by. Are there any GLSL or .FS or .VS or Shadertoy or any other kind of filter that might do this in Magic Music Visuals?

I have been just LOVING this application, used it for an entire week for an odd-job. Now I want to use it for some other things as well. When I was creating very basic video games in Unity, there was a plugin that did Ambient Occlusion. Probably a different format. Is there any combination of filters in Magic or otherwise that can create this effect in-app?
Sadler

Re: Ambient Occlusion or SSAO or?

Post by Sadler »

This doesn't work with all objects but it does add AO-like definition to suitable objects.
fake_AO_magic.jpg
fake_AO_magic.jpg (217.26 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Sadler wrote:This doesn't work with all objects but it does add AO-like definition to suitable objects.
fake_AO_magic.jpg
Whoa! Neat! Thank you for sharing that - I'm going to give it a try. I really love that look, for some unknown reason. So, thank you again.
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Well, made some pretty neat effects, but I think this is definitely more suited towards actual 3D .obj files. I'm sure there's another way to do fake this with 2D images/video, but I'll have to figure it out. It's no easy task, that's for sure!