Previous topicNext topic

Midi Learn not registering my controller when pushing a pad

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
alexsamimi

Midi Learn not registering my controller when pushing a pad

Post by alexsamimi »

Hi there, I'm fairly new to magic and am currently using the Magic Demo v2.22 64-bit with Mac OS 10.14.6. My main goal is to be able to trigger different scenes/effects with one of my midi controllers while I am DJing on my live stream. Currently, I am only able to switch scenes on the fly using my computer keyboard by pushing command+bracket. However, it would be much more streamlined for me to have all my triggers set up on a single midi pad. I've done some research and discovered the midi learn function, however when I click start and press a key or pad on one of my controllers the midi learn doesn't recognize any input. I have tried to do this with my Akai MPK mini and my Maschine Mikro MK2 (in midi mode) (and on separate instances, never do I have both plugged in at the same time), yet again the midi learn just does not register that I am even pushing anything and therefore does not assign any pads/keys. Everything else in the software has been working perfectly for me and my audio routing is set up with sound-flower through an aggregate multi output device, that has my focusrite and traktor set up within it. I've had no issues with registering audio from any input sources, just the midi learn is giving me some difficulties. I'm looking forward to purchasing the full VJ version, I would just like to ensure that I am able to optimize it with MIDI learn prior to purchasing the activation key. Thank you in advance!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Midi Learn not registering my controller when pushing a

Post by Magic »

Are your MIDI devices displayed in the drop-down box, as described in this section of the User's Guide? https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... #MIDIInput
alexsamimi

Re: Midi Learn not registering my controller when pushing a

Post by alexsamimi »

Thanks for providing the link! The devices were not showing up but I mustve missed the "re-scan for midi devices" option in the drop down menu. Again thanks for the quick response!