Previous topicNext topic

Iterator weirdness

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
garoo

Iterator weirdness

Post by garoo »

Hi,

I've been playing with the Iterator to make a custom spectrum view, and putting that into a scene that would act as a filter that I would bypass when I didn't need it, but I got weird… time jumps? when I bypassed it.

I've attached a simpler graph that exhibits the issue.

When I change the InputSelector's value, the rotation jumps.

Better yet, the rotation jumps even if the Iterator is bypassed :shock:

I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, or it's a bug, or an unavoidable consequence of the way it's implemented?
Attachments
magiciterator.png
magiciterator.png (45.34 KiB) Viewed 2870 times
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Iterator weirdness

Post by Magic »

It’s kind of pointless to use the Iterator if you’re not incrementing something. Right now you’re just drawing the same exact thing 10 times.

Can you post a video showing how the scene changes when you bypass?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I have experienced this sort of thing many times with the Iterator - if one adjusts iterated parameters or the number of iterations the changes get propagated with a bit of delay (or at least, differently initialised transformations) and stay like that until the scene is synchronised. This idiosyncrasy often makes interesting formations which are then lost when modules are synchronised.

To 'fix' it, finish what you're doing then Scene->Synchronise Modules.
garoo

Post by garoo »

Eric wrote:It’s kind of pointless to use the Iterator if you’re not incrementing something. Right now you’re just drawing the same exact thing 10 times.
I know, I've made a custom spectrum viewer with the Iterator. I didn't make this example because I wanted to display the same image ten times over itself.