Previous topicNext topic

Export movie with midi

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
LuckyRiver

Export movie with midi

Post by LuckyRiver »

Hi,

I tested out the piano midi sample project. Everything works nicely.

I do have the following question.

I understand midi contains only sound data, so when I exported the movie with sound source as midi file, it does play the notes through speakers but as midi, exporting as movie the scene with midi, will not have sound as output.

Is there an another way to convert the sound of the midi notes as audio during the export as movie so it can have the notes played as audio?

The reason of my asking is I need to synch the piano notes with the sound played simultaneously with an another recording as audio output of keyboard so the notes can be synch with real keyboard sound.

So far, I can only see is to record the sound of the midi file separately through the audio jack output.

Is there any other less painful way to do this?

Thanks!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Export movie with midi

Post by Magic »

Any decent DAW will let you render a MIDI file to a sound file.

Or you can do something like this: https://www.zamzar.com/convert/midi-to-mp3/
Frank_eDrummer

Post by Frank_eDrummer »

Can you confirm that there is no way to render the Piano Midi movie with audio? I understand how to convert the Midi file to MP3, but I am assuming the Piano Midi project needs the midi file to produce the effect. It would be nice to be able to render the complete project with sound, but if it has to be synched with audio after, then I guess that will have to do. Thanks, Frank
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hi Frank, the idea is to include both the MIDI file and the MP3 file in the project.
Frank_eDrummer

Post by Frank_eDrummer »

Thanks, I did get it after a few tries. The final result attached contains some of the piano trails and circle effect. Thanks for you help with this very cool effect. Frank

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cgzr2sql ... MyMTA2M2Y=