Previous topicNext topic

Multitrack Project over movie

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
mickjagger

Multitrack Project over movie

Post by mickjagger »

Hello,

I would like to create a project with multiple waveforms which respond to different tracks (instruments). I see you did this in an online demo. Can you tell me how? When I add modules, they are modifying the same waveform instead of creating new ones. I did use the circle option to some success.

Also, is it possible to run a video in the background or should I export to iMovie for that with no background?

Thanks much!

Mick
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Multitrack Project over movie

Post by Magic »

I would suggest that you post a screenshot of your project so I can see what you're doing.

Yes, of course you can have a movie in the background. Watch the tutorial videos to learn how to put things in the background. https://magicmusicvisuals.com/tutorialvideos
mickjagger

Post by mickjagger »

Ok thanks. Here is a screen shot...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.25.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.25.41 PM.png (192.54 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Your waveforms are all on top of each other. You need to move them out of each others' way by using the Translate module.

As an example, see the Stereo Waves scene in the ManyScenes.magic sample project.
mickjagger

Post by mickjagger »

That worked great. Thank you.

I have another question about playback. I would like to sync the video with the input sources. Do I need to put them in different scenes and use the playlist function? Also, I need to import an audio track to provide the actual sound for the movie and sync that too.

Thanks much!
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I'm not sure what you mean by "sync the video with the input sources", but it's always best to sync audio in a video editing program after you've created your final movie in Magic.
mickjagger

Post by mickjagger »

Ok, I will do the final audio after.

As far as the video, I am trying to place my waveforms relative to the video background and I cannot control the video playback relative to the input sources. Is there a way to get the video playback to start and stop with the input sources?

Thanks again.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »