Previous topicNext topic

exporting video disables rendering of linked parameter?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
hazardman

exporting video disables rendering of linked parameter?

Post by hazardman »

just playing around with the trial version (just in case that makes a difference) and noticed that when exporting to a movie, any parameter that has been linked to an input "freezes" the visual --ie it doesn't react so it stays motionless....however, if the module is not linked to any input then the animation is rendered...

also, it appears that no matter the resolution and bit rate chosen the rendered video quality is still poor...is there a way to increase the quality?..i even tried 8000 Mbits per second but it still looks badly compressed with gradation and aliasing artifacts...

would also be nice to capture the audio as well...so i'm a bit lost wondering how some of the users here were able to post their "User-Submitted Videos"-a separate 3rd party screen capture software?...

overall, i'm quite impressed with the software...there's a few feature i wish can be added but that's for another thread ;)

any info would be greatly appreciated...
Magic
Site Admin

Re: exporting video disables rendering of linked parameter?

Post by Magic »

so i'm a bit lost wondering how some of the users here were able to post their "User-Submitted Videos"-a separate 3rd party screen capture software?...
I think the main issue is that you're trying to use live audio input for exporting a movie. But, movie exporting usually goes slower than real-time, so it can't use any kind of live input.

Another user asked a similar question about webcam capture: http://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vie ... t=179#p538. The bottom line is that Magic always ignores any kind of live input when exporting movies. That's why the visuals don't react, as you noticed.

If you want to export a movie with audio, you have to use audio files. See this section of the User's Guide: http://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads/ ... AudioFiles
also, it appears that no matter the resolution and bit rate chosen the rendered video quality is still poor...is there a way to increase the quality?..i even tried 8000 Mbits per second but it still looks badly compressed with gradation and aliasing artifacts...
Hmm, do you mean 8 Mbits/second? That's pretty low for an HD movie, especially if it has a lot of fast movement. I'd try at least 20 Mbits/sec for higher quality, and sometimes I even do up to 100 Mbits/sec.
overall, i'm quite impressed with the software...
Thanks! :)
hazardman

Re: exporting video disables rendering of linked parameter?

Post by hazardman »

thanks...inserting an audio file and exporting the video from that worked great!..