Previous topicNext topic

Adding GLSLShader Expansion folder in Mac

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jtenney

Adding GLSLShader Expansion folder in Mac

Post by jtenney »

Hello--

I am brand new to Magic, I'm very excited! My first problem--and I suspect I will have far more than one--is that I am unable to get the GLSLShader Expansion folder into its proper place on my Mac. I can see what the pathway is supposed to be. But when I click "Show Package Contents" for Magic, since I only have the single icon and not a Magic folder in my Application folder, I get the Contents folder as top-level, so there is no way to drag the GLSL folder into Contents and then on to its proper place. I tried everything I can think of. Maybe this is a basic Mac problem, but I have used Mac for many years and this is the first time I've encountered this problem. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Adding GLSLShader Expansion folder in Mac

Post by Magic »

The Expansion Pack is just a collection of files that you can use when you click on the File button in the GLSLShader module. It doesn't have to be "installed" anywhere. In fact I would never recommend putting files in the Package Contents for any application, because when you upgrade the application, the files might get deleted.
jtenney

Re: Adding GLSLShader Expansion folder in Mac

Post by jtenney »

Ahhh, excellent, that makes good sense. Thanks Eric!!