Previous topicNext topic

Monitoring Output Audio

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
cam765

Monitoring Output Audio

Post by cam765 »

Hello,
I am having some difficulty using my CPUs output audio as an input source in Magic. I am using a PreSonus Audiobox USB interface as an output to my speakers which shows up as an input source but I can only access the input mics on it which do work. I have read through the User guide which led me to try the VB-Audio virtual cable. I can now output to my speakers through the cable using the stereo mix in Windows sound settings but the audio is not great. I have tried other settings under Windows audio but nothing seems to work. Is there an easier way to get the output audio from my computer into Magic without interrupting it's path through the Audiobox?

Thanks,
Cameron
Sadler

Re: Monitoring Output Audio

Post by Sadler »

Hi,

In Sound Control Panel -> Recording -> VB-Cable -> Properties -> Listen

Turn on "Listen to this device" and choose your output hardware accordingly.
cam765

Post by cam765 »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. That works for getting the audio (visual waveform) into Magic but I have to switch my audio output in Windows for that to work and then it no longer goes to my speakers. I believe windows only outputs audio to one hardware device at a time and I would like the device to be my Audiobox USB. Is there a way to keep the hardware output the same in windows but have the audio sampled somewhere along the way so that it can be seen by Magic?

Thanks,
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

You either have to use a separate program for this, or your hardware has to support it natively via loopback inputs.

See https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... p?f=3&t=10, and as a specific example, https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... t=10#p9323