Previous topicNext topic

No reaction ,from the square, to music

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
OldNick

No reaction ,from the square, to music

Post by OldNick »

Tried before and did not have the time or patience to give it justice. It was a while back, so I probably at the start again stage.

I do PC based audio stuff, so I knew (or thought I did) how to set my inputs and outputs to match.

I hope I followed the user help regarding setting up a Scene.
- Placed a Polygon
- Inserted a Scale Transform onto the connector from Magic to Polygon: default set to Volume
- linked the Scale's Y to Source 0. It sits there showing rapidly flickering text box showing between 0.0 and 0.0001. The polygon disappears, I assume it has no width in the Y direction.

As I understand it, playing music should now cause the polygon the expand and contract in the Y direction.

My music source has its playback connected to "Line 1/2 (2-M-audio Delta Audio)"
Source 0 has its input as "Line 1/2 (2-M-audio Delta Audio)"

So here I sit, blank-screened and immobile :)

I would be grateful for advice.

Nick
Sadler

Re: No reaction ,from the square, to music

Post by Sadler »

Check your Sound Control Panel to check if you can see audio coming in on your device. If you can't 'see' audio here, Magic won't hear it.
SC_Panel.png
SC_Panel.png (27.67 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
OldNick

Post by OldNick »

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that I could play a wav file in another app and as long as that app's out was the same as my Source in Magic, I could use it.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

If your on a PC to get audio from another app into Magic you'll need something like VB-Cable. It is a virtual audio cable that you must connect the other app's audio output to then use VB-Cable as the input source.
truthc

Post by truthc »

Or just plug in a 1/8' mini stero cable from the PC output to the microphone input unless you have the combo connections found on smart phones. Virtual Audio Cable software is great though if you're willing to install another application. It's a virtual audio device driver, sort of like the virtual MIDI port drivers and using a Microsoft KM-Loopback virtual network driver for Artnet loopback between applications. Same concept, different application.
OldNick

Post by OldNick »

Ahah! The memories start to trickle back. Yes VBCable. Need to grab it and set it up.

Thanks guys. Gives me something to gnaw on.