Previous topicNext topic

Edge Feathering

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
dani72

Edge Feathering

Post by dani72 »

Is there any way to do edge feathering in Magic? I searched the forums and all I came across was viewtopic.php?f=4&t=345&p=1373&hilit=feathering#p1373, which is quite an old post.

I used it in some earlier videos of my house mixes by importing my Magic visuals into Nero Video (see for instance https://youtu.be/N4QBUNvFjEw) but It's quite cumbersome using the two programs and the file sizes end up huge if I export the final video in Nero.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Edge Feathering

Post by Magic »

An edge feather is really just a mask with a blurred rectangle. Try Polygon -> Fast Blur -> Mask, and then the thing you want to mask is the other input to the Mask module.
dani72

Post by dani72 »

Eric wrote:An edge feather is really just a mask with a blurred rectangle. Try Polygon -> Fast Blur -> Mask, and then the thing you want to mask is the other input to the Mask module.
Hmmm... that only seems to work if it's a large image. The images I was trying to use edge feathering on were 600 x 600 and were centred on the screen. It's a neat effect because it makes the image look more a part of the background and less stuck on top (if that makes sense).
dani72

Post by dani72 »

Never mind. I figured it out. I just use scale to make the polygon smaller. :oops:

Thanks for all your help Eric :D