Previous topicNext topic

change parameter after a certain period of time

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
lodevalm

change parameter after a certain period of time

Post by lodevalm »

Hello,

can anybody give me a hint on how to change a parameter after a certain period of time?

My objective is to change the scene during time, starting with a very minimal initial setup, for example just a rectangle then automatically enabling modules based on the elapsed time, for instance after 5 minutes enabling color module and so on...

Thanks in advance!
Daniele
Sadler

Re: change parameter after a certain period of time

Post by Sadler »

You could use the playlist especially if you want to work in seconds and longer.

Or, have each progression plugged into a Multimix or an InputSelector. What I like to do is have the beats trigger an integer count which can be scaled. So, for example, if the trigger is scaled by 0.25 four beats are required to increase the Input #.

There's a feature request to have a new module that builds up a scene which isn't implemented (yet).

However, you can achieve a similar effect by recursively including scenes and using the playlist to schedule them. For instance your simple triangle is Scene 1 which has colour added to it in Scene 2 then Scene 3 adds more to Scene 2 (and hence also Scene 1) ad infinitum. Not 100% sure how Magic would handle mucho recursion but it can certainly handle some.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: change parameter after a certain period of time

Post by Magic »

However, you can achieve a similar effect by recursively including scenes and using the playlist to schedule them. For instance your simple triangle is Scene 1 which has colour added to it in Scene 2 then Scene 3 adds more to Scene 2 (and hence also Scene 1) ad infinitum. Not 100% sure how Magic would handle mucho recursion but it can certainly handle some.
Yup that's exactly what I'd suggest. But there are many different ways to do it.