Previous topicNext topic

Fading image within a scene

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Pentateuch

Fading image within a scene

Post by Pentateuch »

Hi. Sorry if this is elsewhere. I've looked but I can't find it. Also, apologies if this is a bit noob.

What I would like to do within a scene is:
- start a scene
- delay 2 seconds
- show an image for 1 second
- hide image
- carry on with the scene

The showing/hiding of the image I can do with the Brightness parameter in the ColorHSB module, it's the timings I'm having problems with. Should I use more than one ColorHSB module (one for showing, the next for hiding) or is there a simpler way of doing it? Also, if there is a way, can it be combined with either Ramp or Increase to fade the image in and out?

Thanks in advance.
artnik

Re: Fading image within a scene

Post by artnik »

You can do this with modifiers, but I use the playlist to accomplish this. That way, you can edit the fade time easily without mucking with modifiers and modules. Take a look in the manual for specifics for how to use the playlist.

If you have modules in the background, you can place whatever they are in a child scene, then place that child scene into the two scenes, and they will keep sync through the fade between the scenes in the playlist. Being able to place scenes within scenes is a fantastically powerful feature of Magic.
Pentateuch

Post by Pentateuch »

Thank You! I hadn't thought to create child scenes... but I will, now.

Thank you for replying.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

As @artnik said, the playlist is always the easiest way to fade things in and out with specific durations and start times.