Previous topicNext topic

Instagram : aspect ratio

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Studio-dbfx

Instagram : aspect ratio

Post by Studio-dbfx »

Hi Eric,

Would it be possible to add Instagram aspect ratio's in the Graphic Resolution presets? Or does it not matter anymore!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Instagram : aspect ratio

Post by Magic »

I guess so. It's just that I've already had requests to add other resolutions. To me, having a lot of presets kind of defeats the purpose. But, I'll think about it ;).
Studio-dbfx

Re: Instagram : aspect ratio

Post by Studio-dbfx »

Thanks Eric :).

Hmm yeah I see what you mean. I don't use Magic Music Visuals for live sessions, only for creating videos, and at the minute designing presets for when the time comes to use them in full Music Videos....for social media.

It would be good to see how a Instagram preset in Magic Music Visuals would look, without worrying if Instagram will stretch it too much, so it looks odd.

I've always had to square up pictures on Instagram to comply with their image format, so that my pictures look right. Not sure what Instagram is doing now, they keep changing their format. So wasn't sure if the presets in Magic Music Visuals would suffice. Its seems some images and videos are square on Instagram and others seem longer vertically.

Hope you can fit a couple of Instagram aspect ratio's in the next MMV update, would be greatly appreciated ;)