Previous topicNext topic

Magic not starting up

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
thirdeyeprojections

Magic not starting up

Post by thirdeyeprojections »

Hello Magic,
My company installed Magic in a Venue as a audio reactive house video system. The club owner called me yesterday with an issue.
When he tried to open Magic it would not start up. The Magic M logo comes up and underneath says Loading Magic... and then it says Scanning modules.... and then it closes Magic.

I TeamViewered into the club computer myself and got the same issue so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Magic and still the same issue is happening.
Please let me know what I can do to fix the issue and hopefully it is a quick fix.

Thank you
Evan Glantz
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Magic not starting up

Post by Magic »

Honestly I have no idea. If it was working before, it wouldn't just stop working, unless there has been a very significant change on the computer, but I’m not sure what kind of change would affect it that way.

As a first step, you can try deleting the preferences folder. First make sure Magic isn't running. Then on OSX go to ~/Library/Application Support, or on Windows go to \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming. Delete the MAGIC folder and then restart Magic.
thirdeyeprojections

Hello again,
Thank you for the quick response.
So for a-little more background on the system it is a Windows 10 OP system with Nvidia 1060 GPU.

1st. I was not able to find the "Preference Folder" it not in the Program files nor in any other Magic related folder i was able to find.

2nd. In the \User\Computer\ there was no AppData within that folder. Is there another location where I could find this? But as I mentioned in the first post I uninstalled Magic and cleared the computer of all files. Would that not take care of this folder you were suggesting I delete?

3rd. The only change to the computer between it working and not was an update to window and a Java update. Could there have been a change in a setting or something you could point me towards that might solve the problem. Could it be an issue with Java?

Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank You
Evan
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

In the \User\Computer\ there was no AppData within that folder
You may need to select View > Hidden items in the File Explorer menu.

thirdeyeprojections

Found it and it works!

thank you