Previous topicNext topic

Issues exporting video

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Friend of dogs

Issues exporting video

Post by Friend of dogs »

Hi, I think I’m having some with trying to create videos using the program. At first I had problems with viewing them which I think I solved, but now I think there’s a problem with the videos themselves. When exporting a file, the final product doesn’t look like what I make in the program. It seems to leave out aspects of of the input sources or maybe some of the parameters used stuff like the sine waves etc. either way I end with a weirder less correct verision of the video.

I’m using audio files not live audio
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Issues exporting video

Post by Magic »

It's tough to diagnose these types of things without more specific information. Can you upload your project so I can take a look? Or at least attach several screenshots?

I would also recommend watching the first tutorial video to make sure you are setting everything up correctly: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/tutorialvideos
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

heres an example vid from instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrS5IhhD6xS/

the project file is there.
Attachments
dec 12 - Dec 5 - were back.magic
(3.02 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

wont let me post the audio to you, i can email it to you if you need, or just go ahead and use replacement audio in its place.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok. I see that you didn't assign some of your sources to the audio file. Maybe that's it?

Please read viewtopic.php?f=3&t=848 for further info.
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

maybe, although I dont think so. It looks one way, when its in the program, but once I export, the resulting video file looks different from the video, as if it ignores the parameters setup. or theres some presupposed video plan when it comes to exporting videos that doesnt exist when just mucking around in the program.

i can send another video file example later on this week. (busy time of the year :| )

by the way, all troubleshooting aside. This program is so damn impressive. I really love it, its given me a lot of plans to write music.
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

Some times I open up a parameter and put things like the sine waves scale hold etc I leave the source at source 0 or whatever, and don’t change it. I experimented with getting rid of sources and still no deal, the video I export is different than the one in the program.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I tested your comp here and I'm getting exactly the same result on export as I get playing audio in Magic. Both look similar to your Instagram post. It is relatively easy to post images to the forum. If you could post 1 from an export and one from Magic and point out the difference it might make things clearer.
jeff.jpg
jeff.jpg (360.64 KiB) Viewed 8870 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I experimented with getting rid of sources and still no deal, the video I export is different than the one in the program.
Make sure to download the latest Beta (https://magicmusicvisuals.com/getbeta), since you mentioned in your other post that you were having problems with the lagginess.
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

Sadler, thanks for taking the time

It’s a matter of the motion in the video and not necessarily the still images. I will post examples first chance I get once I return home. But my worry is, a video that’s moving around a lot, I could take two separate shots from a single video and it will look different. So what about these two versions are you thinking I should explain to be different.

I’ll send another example in which the video that’s outputted seems to create a version of itself that left entire modules out of the loop. The motion that happens in the program ceases and creates a sterile version of itself.

I’m sorry I can’t give examples right now.
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

By the way if it makes a difference. My computer is running is 10.8 mountain lion 8-)
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

It won’t let me upload pictures now...
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

heres another example file, in this one, the video is drastically different in the export from the programs display
Attachments
Dec 11 - what is going on round 2.magic
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Still looks fine to me. You said you're running 10.8? So you must have an old computer? My guess is that your computer can't render at 60fps in real-time. So you're seeing a much slower frame rate while you edit your project, but the movie export does get 60fps because it can take as much time as it needs.

Make sense?
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

I think so. Do you have a suggestion for FPS to try then? Is 60 a magic number for any reason?
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

Would viewing it on other devices then give me a clear cut version of it though? I send all of these videos to a 12.9 iPad Pro. And they look the same as they were made on my 2013 dinosaur age iMac
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

No, I think you're misunderstanding ;). The exported videos are not the problem. The videos are, for all intents and purposes, "perfect". The problem is that your computer isn't fast enough to render at 60fps while you're editing your project. So, you're getting an inaccurate preview of what the videos will look like. There's no way to change this except making your projects less complicated or using a faster computer.
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

“No, I think you're misunderstanding ;)

You’re probably right, I’m not a video guy. I studied composing so I can spend all my time on forums bothering patient people. But I think you’re right, I tried it out at 30fps and got a better quality video

so thanks for your help. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

Just an update on this. I had a similar problem again with my latest video export. But first you were right about the frame rate. 30 is producing much better quality videos, but still there’s something weird going on and I think I noticed something. Every time I use the module kaleidoscope tile from the USF tile effect category, I get videos I didn’t want. And what seems to happen is that the display in program creates this intriguing display and then the export gives me some limp dull, as if you punching someone in a dream (fist moves weirdly slow) type thing. The first project I gave as an example did not use this module, and when I re exported it it was fine. But the second project I exported did use it along with this latest, they aren’t looking good in export.
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbqsnghsQq/

vs

find any old music to put with the file in source 3
Attachments
Dec 11 - what is going on round 2.magic
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Friend of dogs

Post by Friend of dogs »

Solved it. It was that the graphics resolution was different from the export setting’s resolution

I dont know if this a problem or just a thing about the module, but kaleidoscope tile module gets weirded out by a change in resolution graphics
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes, a few modules render differently at different resolutions. It's always best to make sure your export resolution is the same.