Previous topicNext topic

Video to Live Music via mic on Trumpet & Organ for Concerts

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
TrumpetChuck

Video to Live Music via mic on Trumpet & Organ for Concerts

Post by TrumpetChuck »

Greetings,

My application is classical trumpet and organ with my hope to use Magic Performer software for live performance.
Can you recommend hardware, Mac or PC, Memory that will be most successful with software reacting to a mic on trumpet and organ live with projection on screen. Two pieces with different effects desired...Bach Toccata and Fugue in D minor and Bohemian Rhapsody.
What might be the best and most successful outcome for audience and will there be much of a video delay in reaction to the live sound with the software?

Thank you for your advice,
TrumpetChuck
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Video to Live Music via mic on Trumpet & Organ for Conce

Post by Magic »

If you are wanting to buy a new machine, I would recommend a Windows-based gaming PC, which will give you the best bang for the buck. Definitely get a laptop so that it will be portable. There are many different options based on how much you want to spend but I'd recommend spending at least $1000 and preferably more like $1500 to get a decent machine.

Since you only have two instruments you can probably get away with using the built-in stereo sound card. One channel for each instrument.

I'm not up-to-date on microphones but you don't need to spend a lot because people won't actually be listening to them. Probably something like a lav mic would be ok.

Magic has a very minimal video delay so don't worry about that.