Previous topicNext topic

Loop through a folder of .gif files

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jensroels

Loop through a folder of .gif files

Post by jensroels »

Hi,

I want to be able to select a folder with .gif files and let magic visual loop through them after a number of seconds automatically.

I was thinking about making a scene for every gif but I have more than 100 .gif files so this doesn't sound like the most effective solution.
The visuals will be projected without someone controlling them, that's why I would love to find a solution that can work without someone physically selecting the next .gif file.
Sadler

Re: Loop through a folder of .gif files

Post by Sadler »

Assuming you're talking about animated gifs then there's no direct way to play media files from a directory. You could join them all together into one video and play that. Or you could set up a number of scenes (or just one) that uses an Input Selector (or multi-mix) to cycle through animated gifs loaded into VideoFile modules.

There are a couple of other apps that come close (XNView, IrfnView) but none that I found will animate, slideshow, rescale and time the gifs. Resolume would be good for this but it is costly.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I do have plans for a "VideoFolder" module.
DemBambiSeiMudder

Post by DemBambiSeiMudder »

+1 for the video folder <3

I was just thinking about adding multiple VideoFile modules and adding an InputSelector, but that feels like a lot of wasted resources.