Previous topicNext topic

Magic is not showing image

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
francissssssss

Magic is not showing image

Post by francissssssss »

I need some help here. i'm trying to open a project which i've downloaded from this forum and magic it's not showing any image at all. what could it be?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Magic is not showing image

Post by Magic »

Which project is it?
francissssssss

Post by francissssssss »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1597 This is the project i downloaded. it also doesn't work following youtube tutorials.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1597 This is the project i downloaded.
Which one, the first one or the second one? There are two projects in that topic.
it also doesn't work following youtube tutorials.
I'm not sure I understand what this means. Are you saying that Magic isn't working at all for you? What kind of computer do you have?
francissssssss

Post by francissssssss »

The first one.
It does play audio files.
It does not show image or take audio input from my soundcard or internal audio device.
i'm working on a mac with lion and my sound card is an m-audio.

When i open the downloaded project a message saying "crt module could not be loaded" appears. idk if this helps to solve the problem
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Assuming that Magic is generally working properly, and only this project has a problem, then I'd say it's probably too complex for your computer. If you are running Lion, which is very old now, then I can only guess you have an old computer. Sometimes old computers just can't handle the memory/processing requirements of complex projects.
The first one.
When i open the downloaded project a message saying "crt module could not be loaded" appears. idk if this helps to solve the problem
You would only get that message on the second one, not the first one....?
francissssssss

Post by francissssssss »

It and old mac, yes, but memory it's upgraded to it's limit which is 4 gb.
i can not even get static image by Add>media>image. I also get no response while trying to get audio input because i wanted to hook up my synths.
is there a way i can get an older version of magic so i can see if it's working with my computer?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The memory doesn't matter too much. The problem is mostly coming from the graphics card.

Older versions of Magic wouldn't run any better, in fact they would probably be worse ;).