Previous topicNext topic

Help with spanning across two screens

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Sadler

Help with spanning across two screens

Post by Sadler »

For last weekend I was doing two screens for the first time. So of course, I tested everything at home beforehand.
testing.jpg
testing.jpg (129.92 KiB) Viewed 2824 times
As you can see in the image above, all was working and I tested again while setting up at the event before the evening. This test also worked.

When it came to doing it for real, I couldn't get Magic to span and had to resort to loading up another program to do the spanning and spout into it from Magic. Back to testing at home I'm still having trouble getting Magic to span. It will cycle through all three screens but won't span across the two projectors.

Both projectors (Epson tw450 & tw570) are the same resolution. Magic can send to both singly. One projector is via HDMI the other VGA 15-Pin.

I must be missing something simple.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Help with spanning across two screens

Post by Magic »

It could be the alignment/arrangement of the displays. They need to be perfectly above/below or next to each other (in their pixel coordinates). If the alignment is off the spanning won't work.

That's the first thing that comes to mind, but I'll think about it some more...
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Please excuse the delay in replying - I was waiting for a mini-DP to HDMI adaptor to arrive before doing some more testing. As it happens it seems to have been the screen alignment in the end. I must have been stressing too much on the evening to try to adjust it - though I didn't know that was a factor at the time. Perhaps you might update the user guide?

The HDMI adaptor is causing its own issues insisting on sending out 1080p when the projector isn't (no matter what the windows resolution is set to). Nothing to do with Magic.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Perhaps you might update the user guide?
Sure no problem.