Previous topicNext topic

Finding a lost scene by name

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Terry Payman

Finding a lost scene by name

Post by Terry Payman »

Somewhere in my many Magic projects is a scene I can't locate. I know its name, but not which project it's in.

I tried extracting strings from the .magic files, but found nothing meaningful (perhaps by design).

Is there a way of finding my lost scene?

EDIT: It would be great to have a tool that would parse all projects, and list the scenes within.
Sadler

Re: Finding a lost scene by name

Post by Sadler »

I've lost scenes occasionally especially (paradoxically) since I've been trying to be more organised. There's an upcoming feature that'll help if you know the name.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Cool!
Many thanks Sadler :)
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

It would be great to have a tool that would parse all projects, and list the scenes within.
That's a good idea and I can see how it would be useful but I'd have to think about how best to implement it... I'm generally not in favor of an application being able to recursively search an entire drive or even just a folder...
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Sorry Eric, I missed your reply until today. :oops:
Eric wrote:...I'm generally not in favor of an application being able to recursively search an entire drive or even just a folder...
I'd be happy with searching equivalent to Magic's recursive scan of a single "Additional Module Folder", which is well-proven.

Even without any search, a utility that would list (and output to file) the scenes within a project would be very helpful, even more so if it listed the modules within a scene and the full path of any assets used by the modules.