Previous topicNext topic

How do I do a time based effect?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
smhopton

How do I do a time based effect?

Post by smhopton »

Is it possible to setup a time delayed effect with expressions? What I am trying to accomplish is have an effect module be delayed until a certain point in the current scene.

Thanks

Seth
hazardman

Re: How do I do a time based effect?

Post by hazardman »

without knowing exactly what you're trying to do, one simple idea to delay an effect is the use of a input switch like so...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
note that i used an increase modifier and then clamped it...for the increase modifier, the value represent a speed of which 1.0 = 1 second... so, in my example, 0.5 would represent 2 seconds...

the input switch connector on the left starts at 0, so when the modifier value is less than one, it will pass through what ever is connected to Input 0 thru...when the modifier value reaches 1, it will only pass through whatever is connected to Input 1...

also bear in mind that, for this to work as expected when the scene is called up from the playlist, that synchronize modules on reselect must be active... this will ensure that the ramp value will be reset to Zero when the scene is engaged by the playlist either through auto-advance or you clicking on the playlist scene button....
capture2.jpg
capture2.jpg (41.67 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
anyway, hope this example can give you a starting/inspiration point to go from..;).
hazardman

Re: How do I do a time based effect?

Post by hazardman »

here's a way to do it with an expression to control the bypass switch of an effect...
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (25.64 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
if you want it active for a period of time, you could enter an expression similar to this...

if((x>1 and x<10),1,0)

1= bypass on (tick on) 0 = bypass off (tick off)

if the increase is set to 0.5, then the effect would turn on after 2 seconds and stop at 20 seconds...

btw, i'm slowly learning how to use expressions myself ;)