Previous topicNext topic

bug report - playlist midi control affects global parameter

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
hazardman

bug report - playlist midi control affects global parameter

Post by hazardman »

not sure if this is specific to 2.14 but noticed that if i assign a midi controller to select a playlist entry, some of the global parameters (if not all) will set to zero when the controller sends zero...

this is true from my virus (using different cc knobs) and roland a90 connected to a MOTU midi interface as well as an arturia beatstep connected separately on it's own via USB...
Magic
Site Admin

Re: bug report - playlist midi control affects global parame

Post by Magic »

Ok. Can you post a screenshot of your Globals and also one of your Playlist (maybe hover over an entry to show the MIDI info)?
hazardman

Post by hazardman »

eric, i can replicate this behavior when i double-click on playlist number "0" button...actually, if i double-click on any of the playlist numbers it resets the global(s) to zero...

so i'm guessing that the back and forth knob twiddling i'm doing on the hardware controller is sending two quick same cc values (thus replicating the double-click behaviour) ...zero is probably more prevalent because it's a physical start/stop for the knobs....
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

In that case, you probably have "Synchronize Modules on Reselect" enabled (in the Playlist drop-down menu). Disabling it will fix the problem. Not a bug ;).

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... uleOptions
hazardman

Post by hazardman »

Eric wrote:In that case, you probably have "Synchronize Modules on Reselect" enabled (in the Playlist drop-down menu). Disabling it will fix the problem. Not a bug ;).

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... uleOptions
ah!..that did it...so many little settings ;)

thanks...