Previous topicNext topic

Midi signal

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Station

Midi signal

Post by Station »

For some reason, I am not getting a midi signal from any channel other than two channels. Any suggestions on what the problem might be or how to fix it?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Midi signal

Post by Magic »

That's a hard question to answer without more information. Can you describe your situation and your setup?
Station

Post by Station »

I have been running midi signal from a digital audio workstation into Magic. I need to get the two line inputs to work along with 16 midi channels to properly trigger the Magic software. I have been having issues getting signal through the 16 midi channels at one time. Some channels are not reacting in magic at times to the midi data that is being sent from the daw.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, the reason I asked is that it would help to know what DAW you are using and how you are routing the MIDI signals to Magic (with a separate utility?). The issue could be coming from those program(s), so I'd suggest you verify that they are sending the messages properly. I've never heard of Magic not receiving MIDI messages on a particular channel.

I recommend that you test with a different application (not Magic) -- perhaps some kind of MIDI monitor app (there are a bunch out there if you Google around) -- and see if it receives the messages. If it doesn't, then the problem isn't with Magic. If it does, then let me know and I can help you sort through it. Most likely it's just how you have your project set up. Some screenshots would be useful.
Station

Post by Station »

I am grateful for the quick response.

I am using Studio one software.

According to the midi monitor in it, I am sending midi signal on several midi channels. I have looked for another midi monitor on a search engine but have not yet had time to install it or see how it works.

I still think Majic is a very interesting piece of software. :D Congratulations on that. The possibilities of its use are exciting to me. I am hoping to get this issue resolved soon.