Previous topicNext topic

Help using currently-playing audio/ stereo mix

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
kale.bacon

Help using currently-playing audio/ stereo mix

Post by kale.bacon »

Hello,

I upgraded to the performer edition but have not been able to get it to listen to my stereo mix thus far, or any other playback source.

My rig:
Using a Yamaha Audiogram 3 to play USB audio through external monitors. Uses ASIO drivers
Windows 10

Symptoms:
does not detect played audio at all

To troubleshoot, I:
Tried all available audio inputs, only virtual cable and mic work (VC discussed below)
after enabling stereo mix, it does not detect within magic. Restarted comp
modified audio device settings such as exclusive mode, listen to this device
installed virtual cable, which works. However, I cannot hear it if I use this XD. Tried configuring the settings on that as well

Would appreciate any assistance provided!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Help using currently-playing audio/ stereo mix

Post by Magic »

I'm pretty sure that ASIO playback won't work with the stereo mix input. ASIO completely bypasses the Windows mixer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Str ... t#Overview

The simple fix should be to select a non-ASIO driver (such as WASAPI) for playback in your other applications.
kale.bacon

Re: Help using currently-playing audio/ stereo mix

Post by kale.bacon »

Hey, Eric, sorry for responding to you so late. I just wanted to update the thread in case anyone else stumbled upon the issue and needed answers.

I got it working with my DAW (FL Studio) by using VoiceMeeter.

I used "Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO" as the source in Magic and have FL outputting to the VM-VAIO 1 and 2 channels. In Magic, I've labeled this as Master 1 and 2 sources, and then use the other 6 VM-VAIO channels as different sources for specific instruments, which are also set as output in FL on the appropriate mixer tracks. My VoiceMeeter settings are:
Hardware Input: MME VoiceMeeter Aux Output
Virtual Input: VB-Audio Voicemeeter VAIO
Hardware Outs: *Your audio devices here*

As far as using other audio input, such as watching Youtube and having that audio also hit Magic, I changed the Magic Source to VoiceMeeter Output (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO) and have the two sources be the 0 and 1 channels from that.

For each of these setups, my Windows 10 settings have the VB-Audio source selected.