Previous topicNext topic

New User - Help finding these answers?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
vedev

New User - Help finding these answers?

Post by vedev »

Hello!
I've been having a lot of fun getting to know this program and its gentle learning curve. I'm finally getting to a point where I'm wondering if certain features exist that I'm used to from other programs. I've read through the manual and I'm hoping I missed these:
  • Is there a shortcut to view the output of the selected module?
  • Any idea if 4k video output is on the horizon? I just filled up 150gigs with a png sequence :D
  • I've read the post on linking the x and y parameters to the mouse variable in the GLSL Shader, is there a way to add more parameters/fields?
  • Long Shot: Is there a way to insert/add modules by typing in the first few letters of the module name?
Thank you for any help!
Sadler

Re: New User - Help finding these answers?

Post by Sadler »

Hey

No you can't momentarily view the output of the selected node but you can momentarily drag its connector to the output (magic) node.

I'm just an enthusiastic user so I can't speak on the developers behalf but I believe a wide range of new output types are on the todo list.

You have XYZW (four variables) to play with: iMouse.xy and iMouse.zw. You can make as many parameters you like if you convert the shader to ISF.

Searching for modules by typing is a feature request though, again, its up to the developer how and when and if this is implemented.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Is there a shortcut to view the output of the selected module?

Any idea if 4k video output is on the horizon? I just filled up 150gigs with a png sequence :D

Long Shot: Is there a way to insert/add modules by typing in the first few letters of the module name?
Funny you should mention those specific things because they are all coming very soon -- in one of the next few releases.
I've read the post on linking the x and y parameters to the mouse variable in the GLSL Shader, is there a way to add more parameters/fields?
As Sadler mentioned, you will definitely want to investigate ISF. Start with these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=495
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=412
vedev

Post by vedev »

Awesome. Thank you for your replies! :-D