Previous topicNext topic

MIDI connection lost

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Reigel

MIDI connection lost

Post by Reigel »

Hi,
my setup is Magic and then MadMapper for mapping. I have three MIDI-controlers attached, one KORG nanoKey, one Novation LaunchControl XL through legacy USB and another LaunchControl through a MIDI-host which connects then through Fireface. This is because through USB only one Launch Control at a time will be recognized. This normally works pretty well.
But since I use MadMapper it now and then happens that the USB-LaunchControl looses connection to Magic. I suspect that MadMapper takes over control. I will ask the people at GarageCube to provide a setting to not do that. It is just with that specific LaunchControl through USB. The other two devices work.
Is it possible to have Magic be highest priority concerning MIDI? That would be a big relief for live acts. Last time I lost two times this MIDI-controller during the show. No fun.
Best
Reinhard
Magic
Site Admin

Re: MIDI connection lost

Post by Magic »

I am pretty sure you will get problems if you try to use a MIDI device in more than one program at the same time. If you search the internet you will see it's a common problem.

Can you use a dedicated controller for Mad Mapper, and then use the other two for Magic?
Reigel

Re: MIDI connection lost

Post by Reigel »

Hi,
yes I know that. I will not use intentionally any MIDI-Device for MadMapper. I don't need one for that. And in the MIDI-prefs of MadMapper no device is registered.
But anyway as soon as I start MadMapper first and Magic second I can't access this one MIDI device. So I always start Magic first. But unfortunately it will happen that during a show I loose connection to that device.
Maybe I should attach anothe MIDI-device just hand it over to MadMapper? Even if I do not use it at all?

Sounds a bit silly but I will give that a try.

Thanks
Reinhard