Previous topicNext topic

Magic Beta Crash.

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
PoohBear

Magic Beta Crash.

Post by PoohBear »

I just had the beta version crash on me, I was not doing much, had input midi going on with a shader and was switch between models at the time.

Wher are the crash reports?

Where do I send them?

Is there a thread for the beta stuff or is it just a case of starting a new one?

Regards
PoohBear.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Magic Beta Crash.

Post by Magic »

Thanks for letting me know. This forum is the right place to post a new topic about any Beta issues and/or any crashes.

When Magic crashes on OS X, you can simply copy and paste the crash report into an email.

On Windows, it's a bit more complicated because you have to do some minor Registry tweaks, but it's more accurate and helpful. Have you used the Registry Editor before?
PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

yeah, I'm a MSCE... :)

Worked for MS so use to dog fooding..

Regards
PoohBear
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Cool. In that case you can just follow the instructions here: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/arti ... 33988.html. And then you can email us the dump. Thanks!
PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

Hi Eric

Email address ?

I have also attached a Magic.txt file, this is a registry file type, rename from .txt to .reg to run.

So you could get people to create a directory called C:\DumpMagic
then run the reg file so you won't have to worry about people not being able to use the regedit program.

Dumps are then stored at C:\DumpMagic

Regarding my crash, looks like the issue is with my obj file and not Magic (you are more than welcome to the obj file).

Regards
PoohBear
Attachments
Magic.txt
This is a registry file type, rename from .txt to .reg to run
(444 Bytes) Downloaded 249 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Thanks!

Good to know it's just the .obj file, but it still shouldn't cause Magic to crash. I'm happy to take a look at it if you want to attach it here.
PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

I have attached the obj file that causes Magic to crash.. it's more or less empty.
Attachments
wave2Sided.obj
(28 Bytes) Downloaded 235 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Thanks. It looks like it's just an issue of the file not ending in a newline ('\n'). The model-loading code uses an open-source library but I'll see what I can do about fixing it.