Previous topicNext topic

Spout error: Cannot create DirectX/OpenGL interop

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jonathangale

Spout error: Cannot create DirectX/OpenGL interop

Post by jonathangale »

Hey guys,

I'm trying to send Magic over a network using Spout, but am getting an error "Cannot create DirectX/OpenGL interop". This is using TCPSpout, and I had the same error with Spout to NDI. I'm running Windows 10 on an i5-4210U, with an NVIDIA GeForce 840M and 8Gb of RAM.

Any advice appreciated, I've done some troubleshooting already, but no luck.
Sadler

Re: Spout error: Cannot create DirectX/OpenGL interop

Post by Sadler »

Hi. I've tried it here myself. Same issue with Magic but also with Resolume as soon as I select the Sender. Probably an issue with TCPSpout then but this error is mentioned on the spout forums. http://spout.zeal.co/forums/topic/canno ... r-message/. Best refer back to Techlife on this.

Update: I'm no longer getting the error. Not exactly sure how but I experimented with SpoutDXMode settings and now the TCPSpout registers the sender without error. Haven't tried a receiver yet.

Update 2: Just tested across the network. TCPSpoutClient sees my server (my laptop) and Magic's SpoutReceiver sees it too but the feed is just black. I tried changing all the various settings in Magic at both ends and SpoutDXMode and TCPSPoutServer.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Just to be clear, is this error message coming from those other apps (not Magic)?

I'm not sure there's anything I can do if the error message isn't in Magic, especially because Spout has been working reliably in Magic for some time now...
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Definitely not a magic message or issue.
jonathangale

Post by jonathangale »

Yes, the error message is coming from the other apps, not Magic. However it's coming from 2 different apps from 2 different designers, so I'm assuming Magic or my computer is the common denominator.

Apparently the error is something about the graphics card... any advice on troubleshooting or workarounds?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Honestly I'm not sure :(. It seems to me that Spout is the common denominator, and for this particular issue, the Spout forum is probably the best place to ask; leadedge is very helpful and responsive, I have been working with him for several years now. http://spout.zeal.co/forums/forum/spout/