Previous topicNext topic

Help with HAP movies

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Reigel

Help with HAP movies

Post by Reigel »

Hi,
I never had problems with HAP encoded movs. But since some days my newly encoded movies make Magic crash. I use AfterEffects for encoding as always and did not change anything. So I am a bit lost. Any idea?

Thanks for help
Reinhard
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Help with HAP movies

Post by Magic »

Hmm, not sure. If you can post a link for me to download one of your videos that causes a crash, I can take a look.
Reigel

Post by Reigel »

Thanks for looking into it.
I made some tests to find some hints but at the end I do not know. I tried with different resolutions. In the zip there are 3 different examples with different resolutions, two of them run and one does not. The one which makes Magic crash is NES_3240x1920.mov. It is the size of my magic window since I use three fullHD projectors upright and side by side. This btw works perfectly with the built in feature for spreading over multi output! Thanks for that.

I have some videos in this 3240x1920 format running perfectly. But they are not in HAP. And since I want to optimise performance I want to render all videos into HAP now.

This is the link: www.die-tonaufnahme.de/HAP_TST.zip

Now, that I was testing things get really weird. All of a sudden when I open a new modul VideoFile I am not able any more to open the file requester! I can copy an already existing video module which works. But I can't create a new one which will load a video. The Image module works, so it should not be a general problem with the requester. I already removed and reinstalled Magic with no luck. This makes me a bit nervous.

Ok, now first of all have a happy christmas time.
Reinhard
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm, yes there does appear to be a problem with Hap videos whose widths are not multiples of 16. I'll fix this. In the meantime you can make your video 3248 pixels wide instead of 3240.

Regarding your other issue, it sounds like it might be the same as this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1400