Previous topicNext topic

Video capture from Logitech c910/brio aspect ratio

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Bytemonger

Video capture from Logitech c910/brio aspect ratio

Post by Bytemonger »

Hi,

First of all, thank you for such a great program. Works beautifully.

I have an issue with the video capture device. When connecting to my Logitech c 10 and brio Webcam, it shows video in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9. The camera app and OBS studio shows image in the right aspect ratio. Since there are no controls to change aspect ratio of the captured video, I am stuck with the boards on both sides.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Video capture from Logitech c910/brio aspect ratio

Post by Magic »

Is this on Windows or OSX?

Also, as an interim fix, you can always use the Scale module to change the aspect ratio of things.
Bytemonger

Post by Bytemonger »

I7 7700, 16gb
Geforce 1060 6gb

Thank you for the work around idea. However, it's pretty hard to get a workable frame in a live situation with scaling.

Thanks
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Have you tried using the VideoCaptureDS module? It lets you specify the resolution (and presumably, the aspect ratio).
Bytemonger

Post by Bytemonger »

Hi Eric,

(resolved)

I forgot to mention in the first post that I did try the captureDS device. But it failed to show any image.

After your latest reply I sent back and tried it in a new project (after updating video drivers) and it did work as expected and I could give 1080 resolution. However it failed in my existing project.

On investigation, it appears that once a videocapture module gets hold of a device, it fails to release it even after deleting the module. Once I deleted the modules and restarted the app, videocaptureDS started working as expected.

Thank you very much for your help.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Great. Usually you don't need to restart the app for something like that, but sometimes you might need to re-load the project.