Previous topicNext topic

Error: "No audio output device is available."

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
soulexpander

Error: "No audio output device is available."

Post by soulexpander »

Hi.

I just installed Magic, and have barely started working on a project. Everything was running smoothy the first day, but since day 2, I keep getting this error:

"No audio output device is available. Please make sure your system sound is configured properly."

All other applications are able to use the interface, which is a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56. Also, when Magic is running, it occupies the driver so that other apps are unable to use the interface. The internal sound card was uninstalled before installing Magic, and I don't wish to use it.

Best regards,
Christian
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Error: "No audio output device is available."

Post by Magic »

Hi Christian, for audio output, Magic uses whatever device is specified in your OS settings (Control Panel in Windows, System Preferences in OSX).

The only reason the audio driver would be occupied by Magic is if you are selecting an ASIO input device. ASIO tends to hog the driver and prevent other apps from using it. I might suggest trying a non-ASIO device as your input device.

Does that help?
soulexpander

Post by soulexpander »

Hi Eric.

Thanks for your reply, but my main issue is that I can't get playback in Magic. I only have one soundcard that I use; I would like to keep the internal card uninstalled due to complications with other applications. So Magic occupying my driver isn't that big of a deal.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, I understand ;) . You should still try selecting a different (non-ASIO) input device in Magic though, because the input device might be blocking the output device.

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... udioDevice

Also, make sure to restart Magic afterwards.
soulexpander

Post by soulexpander »

Eric wrote:Ok, I understand ;) . You should still try selecting a different (non-ASIO) input device in Magic though, because the input device might be blocking the output device.

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... udioDevice

Also, make sure to restart Magic afterwards.

Thanks Eric, it helped!" Much appreciated :-)
wanjo

Post by wanjo »

i have same issue it seems still no fix :(