Previous topicNext topic

Shadertoy Shaders Stopped Working

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
3v4n

Shadertoy Shaders Stopped Working

Post by 3v4n »

Hi all (especially Eric ;) )

I have been using Magic a ton and one of my favorite resources was Shadertoy. I found dozens of cool shaders, copied the code in to Notepad, saved as a .txt file and they effortlessly worked in Magic.

Now, however, after restoring my laptop (long story), nothing from Shadertoy will load anymore. All of the shaders in the Expansion Pack work fine, as well as those from GLSandbox. But for some reason, I can't get a single Shadertoy shader to load! I'm at a loss...

Please help?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Shadertoy Shaders Stopped Working

Post by Magic »

Thanks for letting me know. Sometimes the Shadertoy developer(s) update their specification in a way that isn't backwards-compatible, so everything stops working in Magic. I'm sure it's something simple; I'll have a look and incorporate the update for the next release of Magic.
3v4n

Post by 3v4n »

Eric,

Thanks!

Just to be sure I'm not doing something wrong, can you please try some Shadertoy shaders and confirm whether or not they work for you?

Danke brudda,

Evan
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong. Try downloading the latest Magic beta (https://magicmusicvisuals.com/getbeta) -- I updated it with support for the recent Shadertoy changes. It should work fine now.
perzon

Post by perzon »

All us poor 1.65 customers are effected by Shadertoy.com new changes to the definitions 'Global', 'Texture2D' and whatever else changes been implemented. I understand that you will not release any more patches for software that has been discontinued over 15 months but do you think there is any chance of a utility that can patch the GLSL files?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm, I'm sorry about that. I'm not sure if a utility will be sufficient to get things to work properly, but I'll take a look. I can't make any promises though.